Pages

Saturday, February 13

Inside scoop on celebs’ Valentine’s Day...

Today is St. Valentine’s Day and love is definitely in the air! All through the week, the frenzy that usually comes with the season was rife in the atmosphere as red, love colour symbol, was seen on display at various shops on the streets of major towns in the country. Everyone seems to have caught the love bug as activities are lined up to celebrate this year’s ‘Lovers’ Day’. VANESSA OKWARA, BIWOM IKALKI and ABIOLA ALABA PETERS caught up with some celebrities and they shared their plans for the day

I’ll visit prisons, orphanages –Grace Ama

Personally, I think celebrating Valentine is to show love and appreciation to the less privileged. If Valentine’s Day was born out of love for the blind girl who 
Inside scoop on celebs 

cared for a prisoner of conscience, Rev. Valentine, then it means that we should translate love to our Christ i a n brothers being slaughtered every day by the ISIS in the Arab world, those children orphaned by Boko Haram.


We should send love and messages of care to those in prison that for no fault of theirs are languishing in jail. That, for me, is the best way to interpret the message of Valentine to mankind. I will spend Valentine’s Day visiting some prisons and orphanages.

Affection should be shown year round –Debbie Collins, MGBN Universe 2015

Valentine’s Day for me is really just like any other day. I always believe that affection and love should be shown allyear round and not just on one designated day. I will be spending it with my favourite children at a children’s home I have always been involved with. Yes, I’m celebrating this year’s Valentine’s Day with the beautiful children and my family.

The most romantic place I will to visit on Valentine’s Day is a beautiful island, where I can spend countless days and nights relaxing by the beach and enjoying the scenery and cool breeze.

It means nothing to me –Blossom Chukwujekwu

The day doesn’t mean anything to me. I will spend the day with my family. The most memorable gift I have ever received on Valentine’s Day, I think, is a touching write up. The most romantic place I would like to visit on Valentine’s Day is Zanzibar

Such days are busy for me –9ice

I have no special plans other than the official activities I have for that day, I wish I have my way on that day, I will spend it visiting orphanage homes and hospitals, but such days are busy for me.

I’ll go to church –Grace Ijeoma- Actress

I observe Val every day. I don’t think there is anything special in it. I really don’t have anything special to do that day, it’s even a Sunday, so I will go to church, pray for the sick, less privileged, give out the little gifts I can and love more. And I will spend quality time with my family as well.

I’ll premiere my movie –Iyabo Ojo

Yeah! It’s the season of love, I got so much love for my fans, so this Val is really going to be fantastic. First, I am going to premiere my much awaited movie, ASTRAY, titled INSINA in Yoruba, it promises to be a night of fun, immediately after that, it will be available in cinemas across the country, it is a movie to watch out for, wishing my fans a happy Val.

It’s a work day for me –Timaya

If I have my way, I’d stay indoors and observe the whole day in my closet. Unfortunately, that day is a work day for me. I wish my fans all over the world a Happy Valentine’s Day celebration.

I’ll share my day with my fans –Yomi Fabiyi

Ho p e f u l l y spend it around some die-hard fans of mine, most of whom we have not seen face to face. I trust their love and wish to share that day with them this time.

It’s a fantastic day –Gbenga Adeyinka

My plan for Valentine is to remind my fans, especially those in Ibadan, that come this April, the city will stand still as The Legend, The Raves & I come to
 Valentine artists 
town (LAUGHs) so you see, it’s a fantastic one you must say.

Spending the day with my daughter –Uche Elendu

Yeah! so many plans, I will be going to the U.S over the weekend. I’m going there to spend Valentine with the most precious gift in my world, my daughter. She is the best thing in my life, we will be going together for a few days vacation.

My thoughts are with the needy –MC Acapella – Comedian

The funniest part of this year’s Val is that, the Val date falls on Sunday. So if I was going to be around, I will attend first, second and third service then go to house fellowship in the evening. (Laughing) But on a more serious note, I’m going to be out of the country that day, on a UK tour with Basketmouth, but I have made arrangement for someone to take my yearly Val gift to the orphanages and the less privileged which I think is more important to me. So I will be very busy that day but to me, Val isn’t supposed to be observed yearly.

I’ll give my fans the best of me and my music–Gabriel Afolayan

It’s a Sunday, nothing really, got couple of shows on that day, so I am just going to give my fans the best of me and my music, that’s it.

Val’s Day not for lovers and married couples only –Timi Dakolo
More love to the less priviledged orphans and those who need us to fill the empty spaces in their lives positively. Valentine’s days are not meant for lovers and married couples only

My son is my val –Alex Okoroji

I don’t have any special plans for Valentines Day to be honest. I haven’t made a big deal about it since I left high school. Unfortunately I’m going to be working. I’m a guest on a popular radio show in the US on Sunday. And my podcast interview with Suresh Thakoor of BlissHacker Radio about my new self help book, The nNaked Truth: Lies stripped, will be out on Valentine’s Day.
People can listen in and get my views on the reality of love. I’ll cuddle up and enjoy some chocolate, ice cream and a good cartoon with my almost six-year-old son. If there’s anyone I love the most in the world, it’s him. He’s my unofficial valentine.”

I’m going to be very busy –Aboki for Christ – Comedian

Well, Val to me is like every other day, nothing too special if you ask me. I’m just going to stretch my hands to the less privileged and try to help them in my own little way. But most importantly, I have a show in Delta State that day, so if I don’t do it that day, I will do it the day after because I’m going to be very busy.

I don’t have a lover –Falz

I have no speci a l plans for Val. I don’t have a lover s o I am just go- ing to spend the day with friends that will show me love.

I wish I could celebrate with my fans –Kemi Afolabi

I will be on set working, loads on script on my table. I wish I could go out and show some love to my love ones on that day, but duty call. I owe my fans my best in 2016, I am wishing all my fans a Happy Valentine’s Day.

Will have fun with hubby –Olawunmi Heavens

Valentine is a Sunday, my husband is a Valentine baby. I think we are going to church to celebrate, afterwards set out to have some fun.

Going to show my family love –IK Ogbonna

Oh yes! I got plans you know, I have the best family in the world, and so I am going to show them more of my love. So watch out, and my fans, I wish you all a happy Val.



No comments:

Post a Comment